Call for Applications
JPC Fellowship Program: Paid Reporting Fellowship in Israel, Summer 2018
Deadline: February 15th, 2018
The Jerusalem Press Club is offering paid reporting fellowships at Israeli and international media outlets based in Israel. These fellowships are open to alumni of Graduate Journalism Schools (MA graduates) with interest in international reporting.
The highlights of the internship:
- 3 months in Israel starting June 2018;
- $1,200 monthly allowance;
- First week accommodation;
- Flight tickets;
- Assignment at an Israeli or international media outlet based in Israel;
- Weekly enrichment on the Middle East, Israel and the Palestinian Territories, by JPC;
- Personal journalistic project, guided by an Israeli mentor.
A selection committee consisting of leading foreign correspondents will select the winning candidates for 2018.
Applications must include:
- CV (one page maximum);
- 2 Letters of recommendation;
- One-page explanation: Why the applicant is a good candidate for such internship; why such reporting internship in Israel might contribute to the future professional career of the applicant; what stories would the applicant would cover if he or she were journalists in Israel.
- Samples of journalistic works, if available. Specifying which work the applicant would prefer – broadcast, print, radio, online media etc.
Send applications no later than February 15th, 2018 to email@example.com
About Fellowship Program
The JPC launched in September 2017 a fellowship program opened to international journalism students. The fellowship is a unique program, that provides work experience with leading media outlets in Israel, alongside an extracurricular program to enrich their journalistic experience in Israel.
The four fellows were chosen by a committee made up of world-known and well-experienced journalists, who have been a part of this field for decades.
The four members of the first round of JPC Fellowship – made possible by a generous grant from the Crown Family Philanthropies – participated in JPC’s toast for the new year.
The program is a 3-month long program.
JPC Fellowship- September- November 2017
Meet our 2017 JPC fellows!
From left to right:
David Klein, Columbia graduate, Saudamini Jane, Columbia graduate, Daniel Pleck, New York University graduate, Gabe Carroll, CUNY graduate
Between the months of September to November, the JPC hosted its first group of fellows. The fellows interned at Israeli and foreign news outlets located in Israel, experiencing the work environment in Israel. In addition, the JPC provided an enrichment program, exposing the fellows to the different challenges and issues facing Israel and the territories, and providing discussions with leaders from various communities and backgrounds.
The JPC is already preparing for the opening of registration to the next group of fellows, planned to arrive during Summer 2018.