Call for Applications
JPC Fellowship Program: Paid Reporting Fellowship in Israel, Summer 2019
Deadline: April 13, 2019
The Jerusalem Press Club is offering paid reporting fellowships at various Israeli and international media outlets based in Israel. The program is open to alumni of Graduate Journalism Schools (with MA degree), with an interest in international reporting.
The highlights of the fellowship:
- Up to 3 months in Israel starting June 2019;
- $1,200 monthly allowance;
- First-week accommodation;
- Flight tickets (tourist);
- Assignment at an Israeli or international media outlet based in Israel;
- Weekly enrichment on the Middle East, Israel and the Palestinian Territories, by the JPC;
- Personal journalistic project guided by an Israeli mentor.
A selection committee consisting of leading foreign correspondents will select the winning candidates.
Applications must include:
- CV (one-page maximum);
- 2 Letters of recommendation;
- One-page explanation: Why does the applicant think he could be a good fit for such a fellowship?
- If available: samples of journalistic works and specifying which work the applicant would prefer – e.g., broadcast, print, radio, online media etc.
Please send applications no later than April 13th, 2019 to [email protected]